Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sept 27: Happy First Birthday Jonah!



I can't believe my baby boy is one. He seemed confused by all the fuss, but we tried to give him a great day. Of course Isaac wanted to open all his presents.



For breakfast, I made pumpkin pancakes with a pumpkin from our backyard. I must say, they were so very good. Jonah agreed.



It was a Monday morning, and Isaac had school, so Jonah and I spent the morning together doing something just for him. He'd been to the Aquarium a long time ago, but I thought he'd be old enough to be intrigued by it now...and he was; he loved it.


We had so much fun together. Of course he's been going barefoot all summer so I forgot his shoes, and he wanted to walk (holding my left hand) everywhere.


He loved watching the fish and the waterfalls.










This creature (Man O' War?) was so crazy-looking, I had to get a picture...


Jonah was also fascinated by the flash flood exhibit, but his attention started to wane by the time we reached the jellyfish. I kept missing Isaac because there were so many things he would have loved: the tigers stretching and looking straight at us, the rattlesnake pressing right up against the glass. But what fun to take the little man out alone on his birthday. We were done just in time to go pick up Isaac.

Jonah has been much more of a meat-eater than Isaac ever was. At least, he seems to like cheeseburgers a lot. So I found a fast-gourmet burger restaurant in Cherry Creek that serves grass-fed meat and organic, natural everything...because I'm a little picky about the meat our boys eat...We'd never been there before, but it turned out to be really good. The birthday gathering was planned for the weekend, but Jonah's real birthday was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment