Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oct 8: North Carolina



Between pregnancy, having a newborn, and health issues, our family hadn't left the Denver area in 15 months. That seemed unbelievable to me, and I was starting to go a little stir-crazy. I was also longing for home - the home where I grew up, where my roots and family and ancestors tie me to the land and its stories. I was longing for North Carolina, for my mountains, for the South.

Isaac was longing for Charlotte too, as it is one of his favorite places. Just like in Maine, Charlotte for Isaac means a house that he loves.

In October, we got to spend just over a week in my home state, visiting my parents and old friends and finally getting to see Yellow Mountain again in its brilliant display of fall color.



These are a few pictures my mom took of us in Charlotte before we left for the mountains. We flew in on a Thursday and headed to Yellow Mountain the next day.








No comments:

Post a Comment