
Back from the mountains, Adam headed home to Denver, and the boys and I stayed with my parents. After being away from my hometown for so long, I savored every accent, every white column and towering tree, every bit of southern I could grasp. Like the farmer's market pumpkins in the above photo, or the book in the Good News shop at my parents' church titled: Being Dead is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral.
But the best part of all was getting to see so many dear childhood friends. We sat on the kitchen floor and played with my mom's good friend Terri, while she, always one of my favorites growing up, enchanted my boys. We visited June and George and introduced them to Jonah and a much bigger Isaac. We met Lindsay at Eastover playground, and Isaac loved playing with her two-year-old Ella. When we left, cutie-pie Ella asked if we could play tomorrow. Another of my best friends from childhood, Louisa, has two kids I'd never met. I think Isaac never wanted to leave her backyard, which was like a park, or her daughter, who is already an adorable, headstrong flirt. One look at those eyes and you know she will be breaking some hearts along the way.
Below, Louisa and I hung out with our babies while their older siblings played on the playset.






Andie's charms were not lost on Isaac. As Adam might say, well, he's definitely heterosexual.
No comments:
Post a Comment