Camp Fun is a great idea created by a mom from Isaac's preschool. She invited all the kids from her sons' classes, along with all their siblings, to meet once a week all summer long for a sort of enrichment camp.
The camp is led by a different mom or dad each week, and the schedule includes science, art, karate, music, yoga, kids' workout and much more. I'm enjoying getting to know the other moms from school much better, and Isaac and Jonah look forward to trying out something new every Tuesday morning.
The first day, a mom and a dad taught music together. First the kids made egg shakers, then they all gathered in a group to practice rhythms and rests and play with different tempos. In the picture, the dad is playing examples of different instruments on his laptop and asking the kids to describe what they sound like. I was impressed with how much meaningful knowledge he worked into a two hour session with a bunch of mostly preschoolers.
Below - Isaac taking care of Jonah.
Here's a picture of all the kids.
And our boys.
As impressed as I was with the music lesson, I think Isaac's favorite part might have been just running in this big open field.
No comments:
Post a Comment