



We love our view...Jane after her run, plus Liz and Alice, hanging out in one of the best spots in the house.

I have to thank my Mom and Taylor, Liz, Meg, Amy and Greg's dad for the pictures, as I sadly left my camera in the rental car and lost everything I had taken. There should have been pictures of Isaac playing in the sand this morning, and Jonah sleeping (the whole time, poor exhausted baby) on Adam's shoulder as they walked the beach. Isaac and I made a sand castle together, although my efforts looked kind of pitiful next to the elaborate structure of the family next to us.
After the beach, we took the boys to another of our Maine traditions: lunch at Federal Jack's. This place used to be mostly a covered porch with just a few seats inside, and they served the best New England-style (i.e. thick white cheddar) grilled cheese and curly fries you could ever eat. I liked it that way. Now the restaurant is much larger and fancier, decorated in wood and leather, and you have to search the kids' menu to find the grilled cheese. But we still make a trip there whenever we're in Kennebunkport, for the sake of tradition. And yes, most of us still order grilled cheese.


This was always a cousins tradition - just the kids, who got to walk to town and calculate tip all alone - but on this day, we had a long table full of extended family.

We love afternoons and evenings on the porch.






We went to church for the rehearsal and then to the River Club for rehearsal dinner.

Greg's mom is a kind soul who knows how to connect with babies. Jonah was still clinging to my legs, but she had him clapping along with her!





Jonah, still exhausted, required a lot of work to keep him happy, but Isaac had a great time running around with the other kids.

Jane gave him some presents to thank him for his ringbearer services, and Taylor helped him put them together.


Isaac tried lobster for the first time and thought it was pretty good.


He stayed briefly at the table and then was off running again. Dylan, Greg's nephew, was wonderful with him.




I had to leave early to get Jonah to bed, and I was exhausted just from entertaining my fussy boy. I'd planned to drive back to the party, but time passed, and people started coming home. But I heard that Adam and Isaac were walking home, so I ran out to meet them. Ocean Avenue was dark, but the moon on the water shimmered silver. The night was cool and gorgeous. Isaac spotted me and ran to throw his arms around me, and the three of us took our time walking home along the rocky coast, stopping here and there to listen to the crashing waves and watch the shards of moonlight dance on the water. A wonderful end to the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment