Sunday, February 14, 2010

February pics of the boys



JONAH

Four and a half months old now. As of January 28, he was 13.5 lb and 24 3/4 inches.





If you just glance at Jonah, his mouth opens wide in the biggest smile you can imagine. Sometimes he thinks people are so funny looking that he'll start laughing too.
Jonah smiles all day long - eyes lit up, mouth wide, happy as can be - until he gets mad, and then he screams raspy, angry screams. But only until we fix the problem (with some milk, a nap, a clean diaper), and then he's back to all smiles again.





















Jonah also talks all day long. It's a beautiful stream of coos and words in Jonah language, with a surprising number of sounds mixed in.
Sometimes he looks at a person and says: "Hi!"
And the other day in the car, when we were a little late getting him home to bed, in the middle of his fussing, he said pitifully: "Mama..." I wonder if he meant it.



I love this outfit from our cousin Molly and family.

This was February 3rd, and we were getting ready to walk to a nearby pizza place to meet friends for lunch. I left Jonah and Isaac alone in a room together for a few minutes, watching carefully through our cutout window in the kitchen. Isaac went to Jonah, knelt beside him, and started talking to him. I don't know what he was saying; I could just hear that dear little high-pitched voice, and Jonah seemed to be watching him with interest. Then Isaac slid him off the Boppy pillow - very gently and slowly. I don't know why. But it was cute, and Jonah didn't mind a bit.



People keep telling me lately that Jonah looks very long. I don't notice unless I see someone else holding him, but in the picture above, I do think he looks lanky.

Below: a classic Jonah face, watching the world go by with his sharp, bright eyes.



Isaac runs away from cameras these days, but he let us take a few pictures of his blueberry-pie-covered face last night. A special Saturday night treat: UK-UT basketball game and pie for dessert.




Nice pants.





And headed upstairs after the pie, minus the pie-covered clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mary Catherine, the boys are so handsome!!! Thanks for sending me the link. I'm so glad I got to see your sweet little ones!!!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete