Friday, January 23, 2009

Jan 18 - Sunday Afternoon in Boulder


Isaac slept in on Sunday, so we decided to ignore the nap schedule and go to Boulder for lunch and a hike. Snarf's is our favorite lunch spot there, but since Isaac doesn't usually like sandwiches, I made him a peanut butter & jelly.
He was enjoying his sandwich until he noticed that Adam and I were eating something very different - rotisserie chicken on homemade bread with cheese and other toppings.
Isaac pointed to my sandwich and said "Um?" which means, "Can I have...?"
Isaac hates chicken, but I let him try a bite, thinking that would be the end of it.
Instead, "Mmmmmm."
And then again, "Um?"
So Isaac now likes chicken. Even the sliced onion didn't deter him. For the rest of lunch, he alternated between bites of my sandwich and his, with a few of Adam's. I think a third of mine went to Isaac, and he ate all of his too. And chugged his milk and most of his water bottle. We're expecting him to grow three inches this week...
He's really developed a sense of self lately, and all through lunch, he was pointing at each sandwich in turning, saying "Mama...Dada...I-la (Isaac)" And we said, "Yeah, that's Mama's sandwich....Yes, that's Dada's sandwich...And that's Isaac's sandwich. We all have a sandwich!"
Such is conversation with a one-year-old at the table. I love it.

What? I'm growing...




Insisting on more "doo-bah" (sandwich?).

Isaac is trying to walk in mid-air like the guy behind him...Okay, it's a tightrope, but the guys were pretty impressive. You never know what you'll find in a Boulder park on a beautiful day.

The park is Chatauqua - probably my favorite hiking spot in Boulder. Soccer ball series...




Exploring

It was close to 70 that day.



Chasing after a snowball Dada threw.

Got it.

Adam showing Isaac how to make his own.


Throwing it.


Trying on Adam's hat - finally hiking but not so sure about the bright sun.

Sleepyhead...it's going to be a short hike.

Headed home...

No comments:

Post a Comment